Teen Squad volunteers have a wide variety of opportunities and experiences throughout their year at the museum, including:
- Assisting educators and animators in art and digital studio sessions and workshops
- Assisting at theater programs (talks and presentations) and special events
- Learning about Walt’s life and legacy as gallery assistants
- Engaging with guests of all ages, from all over the world throughout the museum
- Exploring the variety of museum volunteer roles and responsibilities
- Gaining working knowledge of museum operations and departments
- Planning and facilitating the Teen Animation Festival International (TAFI)
- Planning and hosting special teen events
- Identifying and developing on-the-job skills in a professional environment
- Initiating and exploring personal projects related to Walt’s story and legacy
- Contributing to the museum website blog
- Accessing opportunities to investigate careers in the arts
Applicants should be able to meet the following criteria:
- Be between the ages of 15 and 18 for the 2017–18 academic year
- Have an ongoing interest in the life and legacy of Walt Disney, animation, art, education, guest services, and community outreach
- Attend a weekend of mandatory training sessions on Saturday July 22 and Sunday July 23, 2017, 10:30am to 4:30pm
- Exhibit and demonstrate an animation technique with the team at the Teen Science Night at The California Academy of Sciences on Friday, August 11, 2017
- Commit to assisting with the Teen Animation Festival International (TAFI), Saturday and Sunday, April 29 and 30, 2018 (mandatory to attend both days), as well as preparations leading up to event
- Fulfil a regular commitment of at least two (2) full three to four hour shifts a month between July 2017 and June 2018
Teen Squad Application Forms will be available for download soon.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Tuesday, May 30, 2017
Interviews and orientations will be scheduled directly with applicant. Applicants will be contacted by the end of June.
For more information or with inquiries, email the Volunteer Services Manager Sheena Boyd at firstname.lastname@example.org.