The Walt Disney Family Museum’s Teen Squad is a year-long volunteering opportunity for Bay Area youth between the ages of 14 and 18. These young volunteers honor Walt Disney’s life and legacy by engaging with the guest experience, participating in and supporting our educational programming, and assisting with the annual Teen Animation Festival International (TAFI). The Teen Squad volunteers are encouraged to experience and participate in every aspect of the museum as well as focusing on areas of particular interest to build self-confidence, improve communication skills, and broaden art and animation learning and understanding.
Throughout their year, the Teen Squad volunteers will:
- Learn about Walt’s life and legacy
- Engage with guests of all ages throughout the museum
- Gain knowledge of museum operations and departments
- Assist with studio and theater sessions and programs
- Help with educational outreach and access programs
Plan and facilitate the Teen Animation Festival International (TAFI)
Identify and foster on-the-job skills in a professional environment
Initiate and explore personal projects related to Walt’s story and legacy
Access opportunities to investigate careers in the arts
Participants should be:
- Between the ages of 14 and 18 for the 2017–18 academic year
- Interested in the life and legacy of Walt Disney, animation, art, education, and community outreach
- Able to complete training by attending a weekend of mandatory training sessions (10am–5pm, Saturday and Sunday)
- Able to fulfil a minimum commitment of two (2) four-hour shifts a month between July 2017 and June 2018
Please check the website in the spring of 2017 for information about 2017-18 applications.
Application deadline is Friday, June 30, 2017.
For more information or with inquiries, email the Volunteer Services Manager, Sheena Boyd at email@example.com.